Search This Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2017

What God Can Do

Wow! It has been a long time since I posted. So much to share and tell, but suffice it to say that I am still God's MsAnyhow, doing whatever God says, going wherever He directs and trying really, really hard to be obedient when He is speaking.

That said, with all that has transpired in my life, and indeed all that has transpired in the world, I couldn't wait to share. It's a little overwhelming to know where to start: I helped to launch a church in Ferguson, MO; graduated from seminary with a DMIN degree; created a spiritual gifts and leadership ministry primarily for young adults called Yes to God; established Rose of Sharon Ministries, Inc. a healing focused ministry that helps people get past strongholds and get to purpose; and written three books:

-One that is the result of my doctoral research that deals with young adults and their relationships to God and the church, Where Have All the Young Ones Gone: Connecting and Reconnecting Young Adults to God and the church ( CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/7200282 and Amazon.com);

-Another that is filled with enlightening essays about God and the world written by young adults, "Why Yes to God: Essays on God and Life by Young Adults (CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/4494494 and Amazon.com);

-And a final book and workbook set actually was published first, which examines the effect of "church hurt" or any hurt on our journey as Christians or believers in God, Church Hurt Ain't No Joke (CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/4699662 (workbook,
CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/3650567 (book) or Amazon.com for both).
 
Also check out these articles, just to see what I have been up to.
Commentary on the Jeff Fisher article

Profiles of Changemakers

I guess I must have really mixed up some spiritual dust back in 2010 when I first posted. :) I had so much going on  that I just stopped, but one day the Holy Spirit led me back. I was blown away that all on its own, my blog has accumulated 173 followers and 6 comments! Wow, did I miss out on some potentially rich, encouraging and enlightening feedback.
 
Well I'm back in the blogging game now with fresh insights and hopefully new ideas to share. But just as I did in the very first blog almost 6 years ago , I will continue to challenge everyone to see God in everyday, every moment and every second, and to share those sightings with me on this blog. 
 
I still commit not to chastise ANYONE for not knowing the appropriate scriptural reference. Or call you out because you were at the club drunk last night and posting about God's goodness today. I promise not to drag your name down because you were under the anointing on Sunday and under  Tyrone, Bobby, James, Moesha, Pam (or whatever that person's name was) on Monday.

Nope. We won't do any of that. The only thing we will do is celebrate God and make note of his movement in our lives. I want to talk about how God helps our dirty butts out when he should have kicked us to the curb. Or how he sent the rent money through someone we just said some really nasty stuff about. (And besides we went shopping with the rent money). Or how he cleaned us up and helped us get over the shame and disgust at some of the stuff we did last year, last month or last week.

In this blog I want to celebrate God and I want you to help me do that. Share, share, share with no judgment and no correction and for the purpose of lifting up God.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.(I didn't say you couldn't use scripture just that you didn't have to. Hey, we might all learn something accidentally)

 So hit me up and help me magnify. Praise God.

P.S. Oh yeah, a big thanks to and a shout to Pastor Jolinda Wade. Don't forget, when God commands you to do something, get your butt up (well she didn't quite say that), but she did say forget about your feelings, lack, attitude, beliefs, clothes, boyfriend, girlfriend, sister, brother, mother, baby's daddy, baby's momma, employment, unemployment - all of your issues and garbage that keeps you from obeying God and do it ANYHOW.

P.S.S. And another thing. You hear from God. You just don't know it sometimes. So don't go there.

All Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment